Silvio Berlusconi served as prime minister of Italy for nine years, and his business interests have seen him become one of the worlds richest men. He has been subject to numerous allegations of corruption, legal charges, conflict of interest disputes and sexual harrassment claims.
- "I'm 74 years old and, even though I may be a bit of a rascal, 33 girls in two months seems to me too much even for a 30-year-old."
- "Italy is now a great country to invest in... Today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in Italy is that we have beautiful secretaries...superb girls."
- "The link between my experience as an entrepreneur and that of a politician is all in one word: freedom."
Franklin Pierce was the 14th president of the United states. His presidency will largely be remembered for the Kansas-Nebraska act, which paved the way to civil war.
- "There is nothing left to do but get drunk."
- "I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity."
- "If your past is limited, your future is boundless."
Rodrigo Duterte is the 71st phillipino president. His sucessful presidential campaign focused largely on the war on drugs, which has since become a controversial feature of his presidency
- "Hitler massacred three million Jews. Now, there is three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them."
- "I was separated from my wife. I'm not impotent. What am I supposed to do? Let this hang forever? When I take Viagra, it stands up."
- "Instead of helping us, the first to hit was the State Department. So you can go to hell, Mr. Obama, you can go to hell."
Sarah Palin was the first female governor of Alaska and, most notably, John McCain's running mate in the 2008 presidential election.
- "We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution."
- "To win this war, we need a commander in chief, not a professor of law standing at the lectern."
- "Folks, this government isn't too big to fail, it's too big to succeed."
Malcolm Turnbull is the 29th and current Prime Minister of Australia. He distinguished himself academically with a Rhodes Scholarship to study at Oxford, and became a multi-millionaire during the dot-com boom of the 1990's.
- "It's not a 24-hour news cycle, it's a 60-second news cycle now, it's instantaneous. It has never been easier to get away with telling lies. It has never been easier to get away with the glib one liner."
- "I love radio - its immediacy and especially its intimacy... it is part of your life, whispering into your ear. You can't see it, but equally importantly it can't see you."
- "Do the bishops seriously imagine that legalising gay marriage will result in thousands of parties to heterosexual marriages suddenly deciding to get divorced so they can marry a person of the same sex?"
Saddam Hussein was the fifth president of Iraq, serving for 24 years and was seen as the figurehead of the country's military conflicts with Iran and the United States.
- "Politics is when you say you are going to do one thing while intending to do another. Then you do neither what you said nor what you intended."
- "Nothing worse than Kurds in your milk. General, make sure i never see another Kurd again"
- "Whoever tries to climb over our fence, we will try to climb over his house."
Margaret Thatcher was the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom. Her controversial reign saw cuts to social welfare programs, reductions in trade union power and privatisation of industries such as mining.
- "The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."
- "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
- "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Josef Stalin was the dictatorial leader of the Soviet Union for over twenty years. He ruled by terror with millions of his own citizens dying during his regime.
- "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
- "Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs."
- "One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Nigel Farage was a founding member of UKIP, brought the party to prominence and was a key figure in the recent UK decision to exit the European Union (Brexit).
- "I think that politics needs a bit of spicing up."
- "If an idea is indeed sensible, it will eventually become just part of the accepted wisdom."
- "We may have made one of the biggest and most stupid collective mistakes in history by getting so worried about global warming."
Richard Nixon was the 37th US president and most notably the only one to resign from his position following the Watergate scandal.
- "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal."
- "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I earned everything I've got."
- "Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Gyana is an AI company based out of London that produces geo-located macro-trends for urban areas.
Find out more about us here